Saturday, August 31, 2013

Sticks & Stones may break your bones, and I will glady help.

"It's OK I was there Beating up Hippies"

So a couple of weeks ago I reviewed  Lunch Money in which I laid out all the rules and some of the rough play one can expect to enjoy from this elimination style street fighting card game. We really did have a bit of fun playing so I ordered up the expansion deck cleverly named Sticks & Stones .

Alas, it has arrived and after opening up the deck I cannot wait to play another round next game day with these new cards shuffled in. They are perfectly suited to blend with the original cards and rules. I'm not going rehash all the rules of the game again here, you can read them in my previous post, what I am going to do is highlight what I deem the shining stars of these new cards, the "gems" so to speak, all of which give pleasure to my dark and twisted nature.

Your Ma's a Whore.


Cooties; I so recall the little taunt of "you've got Cooties" from the schoolyard, most kids were chagrined at such name calling, I however usually replied with "Yeah? well your Ma's a whore." punctuated with bitch slap. Anyway the Cooties card is much more dire in the game. Cooties requires that the original player either play, or be the target of a successful Grab. The target of Cooties loses 1 point immediately, and 1 more at the beginning of his or her turns until the tainted, transmits Cooties to another player or is knocked unconscious. The only way to be rid of Cooties is to Grab or Block an opponent, or to be Grabbed or Blocked by an opponent which transmits the disease and relives the carrier.

I so miss giving these out.


Wedgy; The screams of humiliation and terror fill my ears now with fond memories of a most dramatic, hapless victim Brent. His arms flailing about uselessly as his tighty whiteys lifted him off the ground. The best ones where when you could get the underwear to tear, the ripping sound always made them more frightened. Ahhh those were the days.... Anyway, the Wedgy card requires a successful Grab. The victim of this heinous act, which deals 1 point of damage, also has all of his/her attacks reduced by 1 until the Wedgy is "Dislodged" with a Freedom card.

Last but definitely not least is the crown jewel of both decks and one of the main reasons I purchased the expansion in the first place. The Hippie Card!

DIE HIPPIE!!!!


Hippie; The player of this card designates another player as the "Hippie". I prefer: "Dirty, lazy, dope smoking, piece of crap Hippie" but to each his own. Every player not yet unconscious is allowed to play 1 Basic Attack card on the Hippie. The stupid Hippie may play Defense cards to counter these attacks if he or she can manage to stop blathering on about social injustice between mouthfuls of granola.

The imagery surrounding the Hippie card, fills my mind with blue skies over a lush green field in the middle of which lays a tie-dyed relic, weeping uncontrollably. Beaten and broken, shivering and twitching the Hippie moans out unintelligible sounds as it's most precious possessions (a bong and bag of dope) are smashed and scattered about by the laughing gang.

So sweet, so lovely.

These three cards are not all of the new twists and turns that the expansion brings to Lunch Money, there are many others, but for obvious reasons I like these ones the most and I know you all will too once you play a round or two of this game.

Cheers
AL





No comments:

Post a Comment

We always appreciate comments and feed back so feel free to make your opinion heard here. Please remember to try and stay on topic and not to be too awfully abusive in your critics.