Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Cause I'm not from Away!

My Dice Tray

Some weeks ago after our first attempt at Zombicide I expressed my displeasure over our inability to keep dice on the table. It seemed like every time we went around one of us was dropping die on the floor. Normally I would attribute this clumsiness to our love of alcohol, I believe it was Jack and Gingers for me that day. However, it was far too often and too early in the session  to blame on old Mr. Daniels, so I began to look for a solution to the perceived problem and came across a video of a game reviewer using a Dice Tray. I was stunned at the simplicity of the idea and went directly to Amazon to see what I could purchase.

This is where my birthplace comes into play.

Amazon offered a small dice tray for $20.00 US before shipping costs and the reviews of the item were rather underwhelming. I thought "I'm not going to pay $20,00 for something I can knock off at home with materials at hand!" *sigh*, Damned Flatlanders!

So I embraced the thrifty, industrious, and pig headed nature of my people and built my own. Not including labor which was hours and hours, I'd say I pulled this little project in at a bit over $40.00, my dear old departed Da is probably smiling up at me with pride from hell as I write this. I may be numb but I'm sure enough not from away! And they didn't "get me" for $20.00 no sir! I got myself for twice that and then some! I showed them, I did!

Yes I am from Maine.

Anyway I hope we get to use this next game day along with Mike's Dice tower.

Good thing Mike has his tower.

Poplar wood Mahogany stain and black felt bottom backed with a poly board to reduce bad bouncing.

Routed bead top and miter joints.

Screw you Flatlanders!

Cheers
AL



4 comments:

  1. Looks great! Do a kickstarter campaign and make a ton more. (And hopefully only lose $10 per tray)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks nice man! Next you will have to try and build your own tower as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I was thinking about doing just that Noah, but first I need to work on a coaster project I have in mind.

      Delete
  3. Awesome, you always were good with the woodwork

    ReplyDelete

We always appreciate comments and feed back so feel free to make your opinion heard here. Please remember to try and stay on topic and not to be too awfully abusive in your critics.